Bandon Oregon Homes
Bandon is a city in Coos County named after the Irish hometown of its founder, George Bennett. Also known as Bandon-by-the-Sea, it’s a coastal community that makes up part of Highway 101’s long ribbon of stunning seascapes.
Bandon is known as the region’s cranberry production center, supplying about 95% of cranberries in Oregon. As in most other towns and cities in the region, the city used to have thriving lumber and fishing industries, but over the years, fishing here has become mostly recreational and tourism has emerged as the city’s bread-and-butter industry.
Avid golfers know Bandon as the home of four of the most prestigious golf courses in the country. Designed by the best names in the sport and set amid the city’s spectacular views, these courses offer some of the most challenging and fulfilling golf experiences you could ever have.
Living in Bandon, OR
Bandon is a unique community marked by pristine natural beauty and relative isolation. It’s the home of choice for many retirees and affluent families who love the city’s numerous outdoor leisure options, year-round mild weather, and spectacular views.
Bandon is not directly connected to major freeways, which only adds to its small-town charm. Combined with its pristine natural beauty, the city’s tranquility makes it the perfect holiday and weekend getaway for people across the country.
Yet, Bandon is far from a sleepy town. Its expansive, beautiful beaches, wildlife reserves, world-class fishing and golfing, scenic hiking and biking trails, and excellent restaurants give Bandon a distinct flavor and energy that keep visitors coming back for more and entice many to stay permanently.
Bandon Real Estate
Real estate in Bandon is made up mostly of single-family homes and a number of townhomes. Homes for sale come in a wide range of prices, sizes, and architectural styles. You can find beautiful custom cedar homes in one of the city’s prestigious golf communities, or 3 to 4-bedroom homes close to schools and the town’s amenities.
Most homes sit on oversized lots surrounded by lush trees and green expanses, with a choice of ocean, river or mountain views. Some of the most desirable properties are found close to the ocean or the rivers, as well as to Bandon’s famous golf resorts. They boast such opulent features as gourmet kitchens, state-of-the-art fixtures, granite countertops, wet bars, sunrooms and beautiful landscaping.
Bandon also offers a number of vacant lots and land that would be ideal as investment properties or the site of your dream home.
Attractions and Amenities
Bandon is home to four of the country’s best golf courses:
- Bandon Dunes Golf Resort
- Bandon Crossings Golf Course
- Old Bandon Face Rock Golf Course
- Pacific Dunes Golf Course
In addition to golf, Bandon offers more attractions and unforgettable experiences, including:
- Bird watching at Face Rock State Scenic Viewpoint and Bandon Marsh National Wildlife Refuge.
- World-class wining and dining in restaurants like Bandon Fish Market and Tony’s Crab Shack, which serve the sought-after Dungeness crab. Other must-try places are Alloro Wine Bar & Restaurant, Coastal Mist, and Foley’s Irish Pub.
- Washed Ashore – This museum showcases the work of artist Angela Haseltine Pozzi, featuring sculptures made from beach trash.
- Cape Arago Loop – This encompasses three state parks where you can see seals, sea lions, and other sea animals, as well as awe-inspiring sea cliffs, a lighthouse, and beautiful gardens.
- Old Town – Bandon’s historic downtown area is also a shopping district featuring decades-old local stores and brands like Bandon Card and Gift Shoppe, The Big Wheel General Store, and Second Street Gallery.
The content relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the IDX program of the RMLS™ of Portland, Oregon. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than RE/MAX Coast & Country are marked with the RMLS™ logo, and detailed information about these properties includes the names of the listing brokers.
Listing content is copyright © 2018 RMLS™, Portland, Oregon.
IDX content is updated approximately every two hours. Some properties which appear for sale on this web site may subsequently have sold or may no longer be available. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.